Hello, I’m Aaron Stroud—a web developer & problem solver.
My favorite experience was collaborating with a small team to develop an international orphan ministry’s websites. Previously, I co-founded a training design, marketing, & technical writing firm. I taught technical writing to 200 engineering students while earning my master’s degree.
Web Developer | COTN 3½ Years
- Oversaw donation system and international orphan sponsorship system built using Ruby on Rails.
- Increased online fundraising by building the first online Christmas catalog in time for the major fundraising season.
- Used existing and free tools to minimize costs and spend more on the children. (Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Heroku, Github)
Web Developer / Technical Writer | Incremental Success 7 Years
- Co-ran successful consulting agency, specializing in technical writing, API documentation, and marketing for AdTech services.
- Our company played a key role in the adoption of several IAB AdTech standards by facilitating agreement between multiple parties and writing clear standards.
- Position required constant learning—studying clients’ new apps, technologies, and technical standards.
I’ve also included a couple of personal web projects below and my GitHub account has several repos from the past several years.
Boss Headquarters’ Map Ajax city list with Leaflet.js interactive map
Wes Bos Soundboard a soundboard using Wes Bos sound effects
Wes-a-Sketch a web-based Etch-a-Sketch